Friday, February 22, 2019

Lips Like Sugar: February Beauty Boxes

This month I received three Beauty Boxes: Macy's, Birchbox, and Ipsy. Here is a little look on how they all measure up:

Macy's Beauty Box:
The Macy's Beauty Box is a preset thematic box (not customize-able). These $15 boxes include a cosmetic bag, 5 to 6 samples, usually a full size product from a selection of Macy's Beauty products, and a coupon ($5-$10 off a Macy's Beauty Purchase). 
Macy's Bag was the first bag I recieved month, arriving within the first week. February's theme was "Red Carpet Glam". The bag for this month is a bold red and hot pink vinyl lip shaped bag, very cute especially for February.
Products:

  • Sample size of Origins "Skin Retexturizing Mask" which features Rose Clay to exfoliate and restore skin
  • Sample size of Clinique "High Impact Mascara" which has been one of my go-to mascaras for a very long time for bold and full lashes
  • A Beauty Blender Micro Mini- this tiny little guy has been perfect for setting the concealer under my eyes
  • Travel Size DermaBlend Pro "Loose Setting Powder"- this has definitely improved the wear of my makeup throughout the day
  • Sample of Yves Saint Laurent's classic and sultry perfume "Black Opium"
  • Fashion Form's Breast Petals- these are going into my fashion emergency bag
  • FULL SIZE of Anastasia Beverly Hill's "Liquid Lipstick" in American Doll- I am a huge fan of a great red lip and was delighted to get such a great product from such an awesome brand. 

Overall, super impressed with this box! The products included were a great value, the lipstick alone costs more than the bag!

Birchbox
My Birchbox arrived second this month, right around Valentine's Day. Birchbox is designed to be customized based on your user profile and reviews, although users are able to decide if they would like to receive a Curated Box (preset), a sample choice, or you can leave it all a mystery. I have
always picked a sample choice for my box in hopes of getting the most "me" box possible.
Unlike the Macy's Box which was all about the bright and bold, the Birchbox went a little more to the "Natural Beauty" feel. The box design this month included a very cute heart motif.
Products:

  • Sample Choice - Sunday Riley "Auto Correct Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream"- I've been hearing wonderful things about this brand and there is nothing worse than hearing "You look tired." 
  • Mini Benefit "Gimme Brow+"- don't get me wrong it looks like a great product but my brows don't need anymore help right now being bold
  •  Glov "Quick Treat" which seems to work like a mini Makeup Eraser for touch ups
  • Marcelle's "Xtension Plus Skyline Mascara" which has a super skinny brush to get EVERY little lash
  • Ouai "Leave In Conditioner" which has been great for taming my fly-aways and frizz while wearing my hair more naturally wavy. 

Admittedly Birchbox as been a little hit or miss for me lately, my boxes are either spot on or really miss the mark. This month was a "Meh" for me, the products are nice, but nothing that I am SUPER excited for. Maybe next month will be a "hit" again?

Ipsy Glam Bag
My Ipsy Glam Bag arrived last this month, around the 20th. Like Birchbox, Ipsy Glam Bags are customized based on your beauty profile and centered around some type of theme, this month's being XOXO Ipsy and "swoon worthy" beauty.
The bag design this month is blush pink with an all over red lipstick print- very playful and super cute.
Products:

  •  Lab For You: Multi-Ex Repair Cream- it not only moisturizes, but also fights breakouts. This is perfect for me, since I tend to have a couple breakout prone areas.
  •  F.A.R.A.H Brushes Pink Ombre Powder Brush- not only super cute (I love Pink!) but also has a great feel.
  •  Meech and Mia's Pressed Eye Shadow in Taupe- a smooth, matte, deep plummy nude, great for adding some definition and depth to your eye look
  • Tony Moly "Bunny Gloss Bar" in Juicy Cherry- I have yet to find a Tony Moly product I haven't loved. This was no exception, bright red tinted gloss with a fruity scent, and of course, adorable packaging.
  • Seraphine Botanicals "Natural Radiance Booster" in Daisy+Pearl to add a little glow in all the right spots. 
  • Touch In Sol's No Poreblem Primer, which I redeemed some of my points to receive, this was another product that I have heard great things about some I'm excited to try to help give my skin a smooth base. 

It is hard for me to remember the last time I haven't loved a Glam Bag I received, and this was a great way to close out my month as well. Great products that work well with my beauty preferences!

I think this month my favorite bag was my IPSY Glam Bag. With it being customized to my beauty preferences, I got a nice set of products from brands I love and am super excited to try (and hopefully fall in love with).
 Macy's Beauty Box was a tight second. These are great products for the value (I still can't get over the full Size Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick!) and I have yet to be let down by them.
Birchbox comes in third. This box didn't really excite me, some nice products, but for something that is supposed to be customized for my beauty preferences, this one seemed to miss the mark.

If your are interested in trying out Ipsy, you can use my referral by following this link!
More information on Macy's Beauty Box can be found here!
If you are interested in giving Birchbox a shot, you can use my referral by following this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment