Friday, March 1, 2019

Gone Baby Gone: February Poshmark Sales!

I started my Poshmark Closet in June of 2015, since that time I have had over 1150 sales, and accumulated over 213K followers.  I have been in Grad School since January last year, so my closet has really taken a back seat, but I am so thankful for the extra income it brings in no matter how much.

Typically, when I am able to devote more time to my closet, it brings me on average $500 a month, but currently it is bringing me a little less than half that. Compared the Poshers who work their closet full time this isn't a whole lot, but for someone who works their closet as a hobby, it definitely helps pay the bills, student loans, or put something away for the future. The new year started off pretty slow for me with a total of eight sales, but February picked up with over 30 sales.

Here is a run down of what sold for me.


Clothing:

I haven't been posting a lot of clothing lately, since it tends to takes
more time to photograph and list,
but I was still able to move a few pieces! Jeans seemed to move a lot this month, hopefully I can get a few more to list!


Items Sold: 
Victoria Secret Sport Tank, Soprano Lilac Flowy Cold Shoulder Top (bundled), Cato Jeggings, Urban Pipeline Bootcut Jeans, ABG Black and White Striped Dress, Boohoo Asymmetrical Slouch Dress, Grip "Glitter Is Always An Option" Tank, New York & Company Plaid Tank, Lane Bryant Boot Cut Jeans, Vintage Tweed Coat, Torrid Embroidered Boho Top









Bags:

Makeup Bags account for most of the "bag" listings in my closet. These don't sell for high amounts,  but since I get them for almost no cost, getting even $5 for each is a win.

Items Sold: 
 Macy's Flip Sequin Cosmetic Bag (bundled), Clinique Red Marimekko Makeup Bag and Matching Compact (bundled), Clinique Purple Stripe Makeup Bag (bundled), Lane Bryant "This Body Turns Heads" Zipper Pouch, Clinique Purple See Through Makeup Tote





Jewelry & Accessories:

This month was especially exciting for me since a number of my handmade pieces sold! All sales are a great, but knowing someone is purchasing something I designed is an extra "feather in my cap". I'm hoping to find some time to work on some new designs soon, but with my current course load it may have to wait until the early summer.

Items Sold:
Handmade Purple Bead Blue Tassel Earring, Handmade Pink and Green Glass Bead Earrings (bundled), Handmade Black and Red Glass Bead Earrings (bundled), Vintage Rhinestone Owl Brooch, Handmade Alice in Wonderland Necklace, Handmade Mermaid Crystal BonBon Earrings, Handmade Blue and Red Glass Bead Earrings, Brighton Lucky Clover Heart Key Fob, Torrid Brown Faux Leather Skull Buckle Belt, Handmade Purple Glass Bead Earrings, Handmade Red and Purple Glass Bead Earrings, Nina Floral Print Heels





Makeup: 

Makeup is something I have in abundance, and it is something that is pretty quick for me to list so it ends up being a large portion of my sales. A number for brushes sold in addition to actual makeup products and even TWO Mystery Boxes, where I was able to curate a makeup bag full of products for the buyers!


Items Sold:
Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara Mini (bundled), Luxie Beauty Rose
Gold Angled Eye Brush (bundled), Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Small Shader Brush, Tattoo Junkie Sparkle Lip Kit in Riot, Clinique Party Eyes Eyeshadow Palette, Crown Medium Contour Brush (bundled), Clinique Pretty Easy Lip Palette (bundled), Clinique Limited Edition Eye Shadow Palette (bundled), Makeup Mystery Box (x2), Clinique Flutter to Full Mascara Mini (bundled), Butter London SmokeStick Eye Shadow Duo (bundled),





Goals for March:
I would like to keep increasing my sales, as well as listings to get my closet back to where it is normally.Typically I hover around 150 Available Listings at a time, but lately it had been closer to 120-125, so my listing goal for March is to keep it around 135. I was able to quadruple the number of sales I had from January to February, ending February with 31! I hope to keep this pace going through March and hit 40 sales!


You can check out my closet by visiting here: https://poshmark.com/closet/ellecookie

Also if you download the App and use my invite code ellecookie you get $5 off your first purchase from any closet on the site!

I can't wait to see what next month holds!
Happy Poshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment