Saturday, March 30, 2019

Pretty Woman, Won't You Pardon Me: March Beauty Boxes

Three Beauty Boxes again this month from Macy's, Ipsy, and BirchBox!

Macys:
Macys arrived within the first week of the month. The Box this month was curated around the them "Galactic Muse". The bag this month is a super shiny iridescent makeup bag. It reminded of my of retro 50's style space girl outfit!

Included this month:

  • Peter Roth Thomas Firmx Peeling Gel- left my skin feeling super soft and smooth
  • Skin Gym Rose Quartz Eye Mask- my skin felt rejuvenated, very curious to try some of the rollers and tools!
  • Sk-II Facial Treatment Essence- felt like it replenished my skin and gave it an overall healthier and clearer tone
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder- great for setting my makeup, especially for the under eye area
  • Mugler Alien and Alien Man Perfume- first time smelling the Alien Man, crisp but deep smell, which I immediately handed over to my boyfriend to use. Alien is a classic, but slightly too musky for me. 
  • Stila FULL SIZE Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Fairy Tale- deep multi-tonal glitter, great with a good blending as a quick, but exciting eye look!
  • $10 Beauty Coupon

IPSY: 
Ipsy and Birchbox both arrived at the end of the 2nd week this month. The Glam Bag theme this month was celebrating Women's History Month! The bag was a chic, rose gold embossed with the quote, "and off she went to change the world." A great reminder for any Girl Boss on the go! 

Included this month:
  • Skyn Iceland Berry Lip Fix- I've been using this at night to keep my lips super soft
  • Ciate London Mini Lip Lustre in Wildfire- I needed this! Glosses have become so hot again and this delivers on color and feel.
  • IBY Beauty Eyeshadow in Headliner- great color perfect for everyday, almost cream like texture
  • SLMissGlam SS62 Short Shader Brush- Seriously, a pink glitter handle brush? Fabulous!
  • Ofra Cosmetics Star Island Highlighter- When I saw this in the spoiler, I thought it was just going to be a little pan... nope FULL SIZE! Great pay off, not chalky or clunky.

BirchBox:
So, right after my Birchbox arrived this month, they announced that they are hiking up their prices.  They have decided they can no longer sustained the $10/month model unless you are an ACES member (spending $300 with them a year), everyone else will be on a tier system, based on your subscription, the highest cost tier being $15/month; mine would be $12 for a year long subscription. I have a Birchbox for 3 years now, and never made ACES, because honestly, I can get lots of better makeup deals from other companies, and I definitely don't foresee me making $300 in purchases before my subscription comes up for renewal in May, that combined with some of the "meh" quality boxes and samples, as well as shipping fiascoes over the past 6 months, means I doubt I will be renewing my subscription, but I will see what they have to offer over the next couple months before I make my final decision.

Included this month:

  • Comfort Zone Active Pureness Hydrating Fluid- Good for creating a nice base before my makeup, also like a moisturizing primer. 
  • Amika Reset Pink Charcoal Scalp Cleansing Oil- my hair definitely felt super clean after using this, probably way to harsh for routine use, but maybe once every two weeks or so. 
  • Manna Kadar Eyedylic Gel Liner- I love gel liner, smooth application and great color. 
  • Model Co Metallic Eye Shadow in Positano- I love a great metallic eye shadow, and this color trio was spot on. Nice color payoff and application.
  • This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray- this was my sample choice and I'm so glad it was! Even my boyfriend has noticed it helped him fall asleep. I already purchased a full size!
  • Luxie Beauty 213 Eye Shading Rose Gold Brush- I love this collection and it is always nice to get a new one in my box!
Overall, I was super happy with all three of the Beauty Subscriptions this month! Each one had samples I was super excited for and great goodies! Hopefully April will be as spot on as these!

If you are interested in trying out Ipsy, you can use my referral by following this link!
More information on Macy's Beauty Box can be found here!
If you are interested in giving Birchbox a shot, you can use my referral by following this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment