Monday, April 29, 2019

April Beauty Boxes!

This month I added a new Beauty box to my rotation!

IPSY GLAM BAG PLUS
This IPSY GlamBag Plus arrived first. I was SUPER excited since this is my first. Everything in the GlamBag Plus is FULL Size, and this box totaled over $200 in value!

  • IT COSMETICS Heavenly Skin Skin-Smoothing Complexion Brush #704- This brush has been perfect for giving me a smooth and even foundation application. 
  • LOVECRAFT BEAUTY Blush Palette- This is a brand new product for the company along with their new bronzer palette. I am in love this this palette and have literally been using it EVERYDAY since I got it. The colors are perfection and easy to apply and blend. 
  • PARIS HILTON SKINCARE ProD.N.A Dual-Action Cleanser- Got the job done without being too harsh or drying. My skin felt fresh and clean.
  • GOLDFADEN MD Bright Eyes- This was the first time I had heard of this brand, and I have to admit I liked this product a lot. I'm not sure if I've noticed a ton of brightening because of it, but it the skin around my has felt more soft and supple.
  • LAURA SANCHEZ BEAUTY Moods Eyeshadow and Highlighter Palette- I will 100% admit when I saw this in the preview I was pretty nervous, BUT after getting it in person, the combo of colors is starting to grow on me. It has a  nice set of neutrals and bold in shimmers and mattes. I have mainly been using the more neutral colors but I'm looking forward to branching out with some of the bolder colors as well. The brush that is comes with is a little weak, I have preferred to use my normal eye brushes, but overall the colors are easy to apply and blendable. 

MACY'S BEAUTY BOX
The Macy's Beauty Box this month was dubbed the "Editor's Box" and included picks curated by their Beauty Director. The bag included a graphic "wide eye print" (not my favorite design, but interesting).

  • ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Cream- This brand has been popping up ALL OVER my social media feed lately, so I was excited to get a chance to try this product. Overall, I liked this product as a moisturizer, but I'm not sure I saw many of the benefits it promises, at least with this sample size.
  • PERRICONE MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck and Chest- Thankfully, I haven't seen many issues with wrinkles or skin damage to the decolletage area, but with poolside weather coming up, this is a nice addition to my skin care regime. 
  • GIVENCHY L'Interdit Perfume- Nice spring perfume, great combination of floral and bold.
  • GRANDE COSMETICS GrandeMascara- Personally, not impressed with this formula. It felt like it took forever to dry, maybe because of the conditioners in it. Not for me. 
  • REALHER MAKEUP GirlPower Moisturizing Lipstick- I loved this nude shade. Perfect for everyday wear and the packaging is super cute with the little affirmations.
  • KOHGENDO Cleansing Spa Water- Macy's subbed the Winky Lux Disco Glass for this product. Obviously very different, but overall this was a nice, new product for me to try. I found it very gentle and did a pretty good job are removing my makeup.
BIRCHBOX
This was Birchbox's first box since announcing their "new and improved" Birchbox experience. They added additional options during the customization period and instead of five samples, they included six this time (they count the shampoo and conditioner as one sample).

  • ALTERA HAIRCARE Caviar CC Cream- This left my hair feeling smooth as silk and overall very polished.  I loved this as a leave in product. 
  • EYEKO Skinny Liquid Eyeliner- This was a repeat product from Birchbox which was disappointing, BUT when I brought that to their attention, they came through with great customer service and issued me a credit. The product itself is a great Liquid Eyeliner, nice crisp line, and no bleeding.
  • MARCELLE COSMETICS City 24Hour Anti-Pollution Day and Night Moisturizer- Again, because of the sample size, I'm not sure it came through with all of the promises it suggests, but as a moisturizer it definitely did the job.
  • NUMBER 4 HAIRCARE Lumiere d'Hiver Clarifying Shampoo and Reconstructing Masque- Very nice combination for my very wavy hair. It help my waves shine which definition and volume. 
  • SUNDAY RILEY Luna Sleeping Oil (Sample Choice)- I'm so glad I chose this sample! I really saw a difference in my skin as I used this each night; skin became soften and the look and texture improved. This product is a little on the pricey side, but I think it would be well worth the money for get the full size. 
  • WANDER BEAUTY Lip Retreat Oil in Spa Day- I was nervous about receiving this because I saw a lot of other users having issues with faulty samples, but thankfully, I didn't seem to have any of those issues with mine. This has a nice combination of color and conditioning. 
IPSY GLAM BAG
In addition to adding the Glam Bag Plus to my IPSY subscription, I decided to to keep my regular Glam Bag as well. This month's theme was all about "fresh, spring beauty". The bag has a super cute all-over bright lemon print, and of course I'm a sucker for anything fruit print. 
  • TONYMOLY Peach Punch Sweet Foam Cleanser- I have loved TonyMoly for a while now, so I'm always super excited when I get another one of their products to try. This, of course, smells amazing, and left my skin feeling nice and clean without feeling dry. 
  • SERAPHINE BOTANICALS Berry+ Juice 100% Vegan Lip Gel in Cherry Compote- This product smells just like berry jam! I think the color is a bit more fall than spring to me, but I like the application, and could definitely see myself reaching for it in the future. 
  • IT COSMETICS Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer- I have used the product before and it is definitely a bit thicker than my everyday concealer. I usually consider this my "heavy duty" concealer when I REALLY need to cover stuff up.
  • TARTE COSMETICS Double Duty Beauty Base Tape Hydrating Primer- Nice and lightweight primer. Good coverage and delightful smell. 
  • NOMAD COSMETICS Eye Shadow in Lagoon- Admittedly I was a little nervous when I saw this color in the preview, BUT with all the great blue eyeshadow looks right now, I'm glad this came. The color is like a beautiful Caribbean ocean with just the right amount of shimmer. Smooth application and easily blendable.  
I was incredibly happy with both of my IPSY Subscriptions this month. I would HIGHLY recommend the Glam Bag Plus, it is an amazing value for only $25. The Macy's bag wasn't super exciting this month, but it did have some very popular products. As far as the "new and improved" Birchbox, I'm not sure that I saw that, but are VERY good when it comes to customer service, which is very nice to see. 


If you are interested in trying out Ipsy, you can use my referral by following this link!
More information on Macy's Beauty Box can be found here!
If you are interested in giving Birchbox a shot, you can use my referral by following this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment