Thursday, May 2, 2019

A Month on FlatTummy Co Tea and Shakes

I'm sure many of you have seen Flat Tummy Co all over Instagram, which promises to make over your tummy area with teas, shakes, and lollipops. I'm pretty much the type of person who will try anything once, so when I saw Flat Tummy Co was having a sale, I decided to take the plunge and try it out for a month. I know enough to realize this isn't some magic weight loss drink, and that it targets bloating of the tummy area to give it a flatter appearance.
But, as I said, my curiosity took over and I purchased the "Flat Tummy Essentials Bundle" in the Vanilla Pod Flavor, which is a 4 Week set. It included:


  • Activate Loose Tea
  • Cleanse Loose Tea
  • 4 Shake It Baby + Extra KICK Monday
  • 16 Shake It Baby
  • Zipper Pouch
Flat Tummy Co suggests drinking the Activate Tea EVERY morning with your breakfast, a Shake every day Monday- Friday (you take weekends off), and Cleanse Tea every other day (every 3 days after the first week). 



Week 1:
I was able to get my bundle just in time to start on April 1st.
After my morning coffee, I drank the ACTIVATE tea (if you decide to try this, you'll need to invest in a tea strainer since they are loose leaf), which was very easy to drink, it has a minty, green tea flavor, not at all bitter, no weird after taste.
About 45 minutes later I drank my first shake, a SHAKE IT BABY + Extra Kick Monday. The flavor and smell of the Vanilla Pod remind me of cake batter. The shake itself is a little on the grainy side compared to some other meal replacement/protein shakes I have tried, so make sure you shake it up REALLY good. I could see this texture being better blended with ice as more of a smoothie. This type of texture could definitely be off-putting to some people, but if you are drinking a meal replacement shake, it sort of goes with the territory (no one is drinking these just for the fun of it). One thing that really surprised me as I looked at the ingredients was how many fruits and vegetables are in here, obviously you are not getting the same benefits as eating them whole, but it was nice seeing that well over half the ingredients were things I knew and could find at my grocery store.
The evening CLEANSE tea had a similar minty taste to the ACTIVATE tea; very easy to drink, not at all bitter, which I drank about an hour before bed (again the teas are loose leaf, you will need a strainer).
I didn't notice any crazy side effects, no running to find a bathroom, I did have to pee a little more often, but that was about it, everything else was still pretty regular.


Week 2-4:
The routine was pretty easy to stick to. I would have my morning coffee, then drink the activate tea. I used the Shake to replace my normal lunches, and packed almonds or a a health snack if I got a little hungry during the day. The Cleanse Tea I would drink once every third day or after a heavy dinner.

One Month Later:
Was this some miracle system that made my tummy disappear? Even though my weight and measurements are up, it does appear that my tummy is a little flatter in the pictures, so that is pretty cool.

 Overall, I liked the products and the routine was pretty easy to stick to which is great. Although the texture of the shake is a bit grainy, I do feel like it kept my hunger at bay during the day. I could definitely tell a difference as well when I used the Cleanse tea compared to the days I didn't in regards to feeling bloated.
After the end of the cycle, I decided to order more of the shakes, this time in chocolate, as well as try some of the Appetite Lollipops and some more of the tea (mainly because there were on a decent discount). Again, I don't the system was magic by any means, by individually, I did see some benefits
using the products even if I didn't lose a pant size or end up looking like the next Kardashian sister.

If you would like to try out some of Flat Tummy Co's products, you can use  THIS LINK and get 10% off your purchase! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment